Tuesday, February 10, 2009


"Jumbo" (hello) everyone,

I finally am able to write on our blog. Yea! So I will make this quick. We have arrived in Kigoma Tanzania. We arrived on Sunday and what a flight it was. To see Africa and see that you really are not home. It has been a hard time to see what we are seeing and to know that this goes on everyday. We sure do take so much for granted in the States. We have gone to the market and wow what an experience. We fed to the homeless on Monday afternoon. That was also an experience. It is very overwhelming but you just try so hard to take it in and just suck up the stuff that upsets you. Kevin has been taking a lot of pictures and has been working on a Studio for a radio station they are working on. I have helped the ladies get clothes for the poor and doing some sewing. It has just been a learning experience for all of us. The people we have been working with have been so nice and very sweet. Let alone they are very helpful. They just enjoy life. It is amazing. I would love to write more, but we are about to have a meeting. I hope to get on here again soon. We love you all very much and we have so much to tell you and show you with pictures. Talk to you soon.

Love,

Julie and Kevin and the rest of the Mission Buddies. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fascinating...... You're right. We are so fortunate over here in the US. I think what you two are doing is wonderful and I can't wait to see the pics! -Mandy

Unknown said...

How thankful we are to hear from you. Blessing, Blessings, Blessings on you all!
Can't wait to hear about your experiences! Praying for you and those you come in contact with daily!
Love,
Steve and Jennifer