Thursday, July 9, 2009

Update

Hello to everyone. I know it has been awhile since I have written in here and a lot has gone on. That gives me more to tell you about. I didn't know if I have mentioned this but if I did then you get to read about it again if not then great you still get to read about it. When Kevin and I came back from Africa, there has been something wailing on my heart. It was the orphanage and the living conditions they were in. One of the things that stuck with me was the mosquito netting. The netting had holes in them. I talked with the president of the company I work for and he helped me look at some places that sell mosquito netting. Well he found one in Tanzania and the nets are medicated and they last 5 years. The best part was that they only cost $6.30. I say that is the best part because I was looking and found them around here for $75.00 and up. Those weren't medicated or last 5 years. How crazy is that? So I told Mwenge who is the 2nd hand guy of Joy In The Harvest about this. I asked him how many they would need and what was the best way to get the money to him and the nets. So this is what he told me. They 500 of them if possible. He said to have the money be sent to Joy In The Harvest at the Illinois office and Melinda will send out Tax exempts to those that have donated and she will put the money in an account for the nets only. Once we reach our goal then I will let Mwenge and Melinda know. Then Mwenge will order and pick the nets up and he will distribute them to the orphanage. He will also take pictures of them recieving the nets and then send the pictures to me. Then I will post them and email them to those that have contributed. That way everyone will see where their money went. You can check out the website for the nets at www.oleyset.net and you can also read and learn about Joy In The Harvest at www.joyintheharvest.com. Since this is so important to me and to the Kigoma orphans we have raised so far $558.00. We just need $2,592.00 to reach our goal. I know we will get there and when we do, I will cry like a baby. LOL

So that is my mission that I am working on since I have been back. If we make more then that, then I hope to have some money raised for their mattresses. :)

I did talk at my Dad's church on the 28th of June. It went well. I was nervous but once I got going it went smooth. Everyone was interested in what I had to say and what I was doing. They gave me hugs and told me how great of a job I did. Then some were shaking my hand and when I did that I had money in my hand. I was so touched and truly did not expect that at all. The next day I took that money and sent it off to Joy In The Harvest. God has shown me so many things that I have been blessed with. I am so thankful to have him in my life and for him to show me what path he wants me on. I pray I never stray from his path.

God Bless all of you,

Julie

No comments: