Thursday, January 21, 2010

Almost 1 year!

Can you believe it has almost been one year ago that Kevin and I were in Africa. Almost, just 17 more days. 16 more days is when we left. LOL So much has happened since then. Kevin has a full time job now and he is loving it. I am still working at the same place and still praying that we get 40 hours soon. All though I love having my Monday's off to spend time with my Dad. Our puppies Mickey, Buddy, and Lacie are doing well and maturing for the most part. LOL Kevin and I now have a new niece named Victoria. My sister-in-law and her husband adopted her from India. She is beautiful and a joy to be around. Her brothers just love her to death and she loves them. Let me see, what else can I share with you? Oh yes the mosquito netting for the children in Kigoma. I am happy to say we just need $869.00 to reach our goal of $3,150.00. Then all the children in the orphanage in Kigoma will have new nets to protect them. How awesome! What is also neat in Kigoma is they are about done with the Community Center. They have a roof on now and I believe they are working on the inside now. They also have clean water from their well and they have a generator for the guest houses. So there will be water and electricity for everyone. We know that God is not done with us yet and it is amazing what he is showing us. I love to see him work and to be a part of it has no words. God Bless all of you.

Julie and Kevin

No comments: