Sunday, January 11, 2009

Happy New Year to all of you. Kevin and I wish you all a safe and prosperous New Year. I have looked at my calendar and we have just 3 more weeks to go till we leave for Africa. I believe I am going to start packing so I know what I have and what we still need to get. I have so much running through my head as to what we need to be doing and what needs to be done. I feel like a chicken with it's head cut off. We were going to send for our visa's but decided to get the visa's there in Dar Salam. We believe we will make it on time to get these and have no worries. I did however go to Dick's sporting goods and I was so proud of myself for what I have bought. I have a swim suit now, a great deal on some sandals, and found a hat that protects your neck for Kevin. Still need more things but I am sure we will we have them bought and taken care of. I believe we are done with clothes. Just the essentials now. Like razors, shampoo, lotion, purell, etc. LOL you get the drift. I am not sure if I had told you but we found some friends that are going to look after our dogs Buddy and Lacie. Mickey our Yorkie is going to stay with some other friends. She is 13 and is going to be put where she won't be around so many other dogs and just get the love she needs for her. Buddy and Lacie of course still need the love but they need to be together. They can handle other dogs. They are going to be taking a trip themselves. They are going to Ohio and they are going to be staying with 4 other dogs. But they will have a yard to run around in and they will get the same loving they get here. These friends of ours are wonderful. I feel so at peace to know my kids are going to be loved and well taken care of. God has blessed us with wonderful friends and yes of course family. We truley believe that God was looking out for our kids to make sure they will be safe and loved while we are gone doing his work. I have also learned how to crochet. All though I am not good at it but I am learning and looking forward to more teachings. I know I will learn from villagers there. I hope they have the patience for me. LOL My blankets are nothing compared to crochet. LOL My goal is to keep you all up to date with our travels but as for pictures those will wait till we get back. I don't want to take up too much of the computer time we have there. I did buy some journals so I am good there. Talk to you all soon.

Julie and Kevin

No comments: