Wednesday, February 4, 2009


It is now just 2 days away and we leave for Africa. Let me see how can I describe the emotions we are feeling? Hmmm... you name they are all there. That is the best way. See I new I could do it. LOL Kevin and I still have a lot to pack yet and then the sad part. Our kids will be going to their sitters. This is really tearing us up. We are still undecided if Mickey (the Yorkie 13yrs of age) will be going tonight or tomorrow night. Right now my feeling is it might be tonight. That way I can still see my Dad before we leave. But not sure. Lacie (miniture Schnauzer a little over a year old) and Buddy (the mix of a Westie and something else, also the one that came and found us, we think he is over an year as well) will be leaving tomorrow for sure. So emotions are on high no matter what is going on. All though I know that I will be fine. So tonight I leave work and pack and get everything around for the dogs. Kevin will make sure we are packing and getting done what needs to be done. Well I would love to write more, but it is the end of the day here at work and I am about to head home. Write back soon. It just might be when we are in Africa. Talk to you soon.
God Bless you all,
Julie and Kevin

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

NEATO BLOG!!!! I'm sure you'll have a blast! Love, Mandy

Dawn said...

I know you are feeling a rush of emotions, because I know you! But Jules this is a trip that you will never forget, something you and Kevin will remember for the rest of your lives. Remember we love you both, and will pray for all those people you see and your safe return. And yes, I will miss seeing you at lunch but no I will not watch the soap without you ~ are you crazy?

Anonymous said...

Welcome to Kigoma, Tanzania!!
What an opportunity to share with folks who do not have all the things our population has. Sometimes "Less is More", or "Less is Better". May God use this time to work in your lives, bringing you closer to each other and to Him. I agree with Dawn's comment.
Much love,
MOM WOW