Saturday, July 19, 2008
Why, and What we have accomplished so far
I will try to make this short but sweet and to the point. With a lot of praying and pondering, we have decided to take a trip to Africa in February 2009. We are going on our first missions trip to Kigoma, Tanzania. We made this decision back in April if not before. I was trying to read my journal for the exact date we decided but couldn't find it. It was a tough decision for me to make. Kevin and I have been trying for a baby but nothing has happened. We did a lot of praying as I have mentioned and God has told us this is what we are to do. So we are doing it. We are very excited. We have mailed out our information to get our passports, I have taken my hepatitis A&B shots; also tetanus, and yellow fever. On the 28th of July I will take my second series of Hepatitis A&B, then whatever else needs to be done. Kevin has had most of the shots required as he has been to Africa before. He went in January of 2007 with his Dad. On Tuesday the 15th we went to Rochester, Indiana and had dinner with some of the people we will be staying with. We met Terry and Ruth Ann, Claudia and Lowell, also Mwenge. We even met Terry and Ruth Ann's neighbors and at this time I can't remember their names. They are wonderful people and it was a pleasure to meet them all. You can learn more of what we are going to do by going to www.joyintheharvest.com. You will learn so much about this missionary and what goes on. We are very excited about going on this trip and most of all what we will be doing for all of them and for God. How could you not get excited about doing something for God? You would have to be crazy. :) I will do my best at keeping you up to date with our journey to Africa. After all we want you to join our experience as well. You are a part of this as much as we are. I hope you will join us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Steve and I are so excited about your trip! We are praying for you!
I love your blog! Now I can be sure to hear at least something while you're there. Billy's not the best with correspondence and the church will be asking questions.... And I can follow your journey even closer. I continue to be in awe of what God is doing in your lives. Keep expecting more!
Jules this was a great idea...we are so happy for you and Kevin...this is a wonderful opportunity for you both. I know Kevin must be excited to go back to Africa and it will be very special because you will be with him this time. Climb the mountain...talk to GOD and leave your worries up there...HE will gladly take them from you.
Thank you all so much for your support on this journey we are going on. I hope you all know what this means to us. Words can not express what we feel. It is so overwhelming and such a blessing to have friends and family giving us your blessings. If my arms could wrap you all they would. Thank you again for all that you have done. We love you all very much.
Love,
Julie and Kevin
Post a Comment