Thursday, March 5, 2009

On our way Home. :)


February 23, 2009

The flight from London to New York seemed to have taken forever, but the hospitality was wonderful. British Airways was for sure our favorite of the flights. So we landed in New York around 10 or 11:00 on the 22nd. We went to get our bags and then have our passport stamped. The most nicest and best way treated was when the lady said to us "Welcome Home." I thought I was going to break down and cry right then and there. So we get done with that and went to see where to next. Well we needed to go too another airport. We were told that we could take a shuttle there and it would be free. Well the shuttle's didn't open till 8 and our flight to Chicago was at 6:00 am. Problem, you think? LOL So we had to take a taxi to LaGuardia airport. I may have spelled that wrong, oh well. So $30 later we were at the airport. Then we were trying to get checked in. Well American Airlines doesn't open up till 3:30 am. So it is after 1 and we were in a lobby area and we tried to sleep. Well it didn't happen. I couldn't sleep and neither could Kevin. So 3:30 finally came around so we checked in and then was told that security for our bags won't open till 4:00. Ok that was messed up. You would think they would open the same time as your check in. Well anyways we went and got ourselves something to drink. I had my Hot Chocolate. Needless to say I was missing my Swiss Miss. Then we checked in our bag at 4. Then we got on our flight and we were off to Chicago. I was ready to put my fleece pants on and my turtle neck, but they were not on my carry on. What was I thinking? LOL I guess I wasn't. So we landed in Chicago. Oh I forgot to mention when we were in New York we called and talked to Bryce (Kevin's best friend) he told us that we had 7 inches of snow on the ground. Welcome back! LOL
So we landed in Chicago and we went for our luggage. Then we went to where the buses were. I then called my Dad while we were waiting. He said they were going to leave the house at 11 so they would be there to pick us up. Then I called my Mom and Dawn from work. They were both glad to hear we were home safe. Well at least in the states. LOL So we get on the bus and head for the South Bend Airport. We made a stop in Highland and then we were told that we were going to get to South Bend an hour earlier. I was so excited. I was so anxious to get home. It was like God new and answered another prayer for us. I know he did. Then I tried calling my Dad to let him know this but he had left already and they didn't turn their cell on. It was ok, I new he would be there. He is always early. So we drove up to the airport and I was so ready to get off the bus. Kevin grabbed our luggage and we walked in the doors and I ran in tears to my Dad. My Dad and Step mom gave us each a hug and we were off to our house. We were telling them all about our trip and gave them their gift. We get in the house and it was so great to be home. All though it was different when you don't have the dogs there to greet you. All though Buddy and Lacie were on their way home too. Mickey we decided to get her the next day, because of other things we needed to do before Lacie and Buddy came back home. So after my Dad and step mom left we went to the grocery store and then surprised my Mom. It was so great to see her again too. We then left for home and unpacked put some clothes in the laundry and then cooked a pizza. Jerry then came around 5:30 with Buddy and Lacie. They were excited to see us but they were ready to go back with Jerry. At least we know they were well taken care of. We made Jerry eat before he left. So we filled him in about our trip and he filled us in on how the dogs were. Then he left and we just played with the dogs and then went to bed.

So this brings me to what has been going on since we have been back. We both went back to work, we have also been sharing with everyone about our trip. I told everyone at work about the trip. On Monday the 2nd I went to my Dad's and he had some friends of theirs come over. They wanted to hear about our trip and see pictures. An aunt of theirs went to Africa in 1947, so she was sharing with me her stories. Then on Tuesday the 3rd I went to the Eagles to see my line dancing family. They put me on the spot (I did ask to do this, but then changed my mind later) but they still put me on the spot and I told them about our trip. I was so glad I did it. I have had people from work, family, and friends that want to help with getting all kinds of stuff over to these people. I am so excited. I hope we can get something together and do this and get things to them. Please pray that we get this going and these supplys over to them. Just pray this happens. LOL So this Sunday we are going to meet up with Steve and JoAnn, and we are going to talk to the people at New Life Church in Rochester about our trip. You are welcome to come and listen if you want. We are looking forward to it. So now you all have the scoop on our trip and the adventure is still going on. We are hoping to get something going to send all the goodies we can to Joy in the Harvest.

Oh, I do have some really good news too that I forgot to mention. On Thursday the 26th, I recieved an email from Claudia and Lowell and Terry. They have water! They dug 206 feet I believe. Praise God! AMEN!

Talk to you all soon.

God Bless all of you

Love,

Julie, Kevin and the Mission Buddies. :)

No comments: